NCAA hockey returns to theScore
October 11, 2012
TORONTO - Suffering hockey fans can take some comfort that live hockey action will return to TV this weekend with NCAA hockey on theScore.
Beginning Saturday, October 13th, theScore will broadcast 11 games, including five live games, up to mid-December. The broadcast schedule for 2013 will be confirmed in the coming months reports Score Media.
NCAA team rosters contain numerous Canadian players and have a history of producing top names who go on to star in the NHL, including Jonathan Toews, Phil Kessel, Zach Parise and Thomas Vanek.
“We know Canadian fans love to watch high-quality hockey,” said Greg Sansone, VP of Broadcasting at Score Media. “We’re very excited about the line-up of games we’ve secured so far for this season. This is the second year we’ve carried NCAA hockey, and after the positive response from viewers it made perfect sense to increase the number of games on theScore.”
The confirmed schedule to date is (all times EST):
- October 13th Michigan State @ Minnesota 9:00pm (Live)
- October 20th Minnesota @ Michigan Tech 7:00pm (Live)
- November 3rd Minnesota @ Minnesota State 8:00pm (Live)
- November 4th Colorado College @ Wisconsin 10:00am
- November 18th Wisconsin @ Minnesota 10:00am
- November 24th Minnesota State @ Wisconsin 8:00pm (Live)
- November 25th Minnesota @ Vermont 10:00am
- December 1st Nebraska-Omaha @ Minnesota 8:00pm (Live)
- December 8th Minnesota @ Colorado College 11:30pm
- December 9th Michigan Tech @ Wisconsin 10:00am
- December 16th Alabama Huntsville @ Wisconsin 10:00am